ONLINE Reservation

calendar
calendar
Friday
Saturday

Galerie

Attractions nearby PDF Print
Distances:
Black Church - 200 metri Sfatului House - 200 metri
Graft Bastion – 250 metri White Tower -260 metri
Brasov Citadel - 400 metri Mount Tampa - 170 metri
Catherine Gate - 250 metri St. Nicholas Church - 380 metri
Rope Street - 150 metri Reduta Culture House - 100 metri

BLACK CHURCH
It is the biggest gothic building in south-east Europe, being erected in XVI century. It is known as St. Mary since its building had begun in 1385 and the church had kept this name until 1689 when it had been burnt down almost entirely by a devastating fire. After that, because of black color of its walls, it was named once again as Black Church.
Nowadays, the church hosts, aside from an impressive and valuable oriental carpet collection, another national heritage elements, such as indoor pews and the well-known organ with its 4.000 tubular bells installed in 1839. This monument is also remarkable for its outdoor appearance and its proportions: 89 m long, 38 m wide, 21 m indoor height and 40 m outdoor height. The church is the most important sightseeing of the city of Brasov.

SFATULUI HOUSE
Erected in 1420 in the central square of old citadel, the building accommodates the city mayor in the front, once called Rathaus or Sfatului House. The building preserved gothic elements at the ground floor, while the first floor and the tower were built in Renaissance style of Baroque period. Since 1950 the building hosts History Museum of Brasov County.

FIRST ROMANIAN SCHOOL
Documentary certified in 1495 the building preserves even nowadays elements of Baroque style from the alterations during 1760 – 1761. It was erected on the former place that researchers sustain it was a school since back in XII century. Between 1557 and1583, Deacon Coresi had printed here 17 books both in Romanian and Slavic on paper made in a manufactory in Brasov. In the present the building hosts First Romanian School Museum.

ST. NICOLAUS CHURCH
Historical monument built from stone in 1495, St. Nicolas Church contains gothic, renaissance and baroque elements, actually being a mixture of all these styles under Byzantine influence. It was documentary certified in 1292 and it was adverted to in the papal bubble in 1399. During the world wars it was renovated, yet keeping frescoes painted by the great painter Misu Pop.

ST. BARTOLOMEU CHURCH
The oldest building in Brasov County dating back to XII century. Its construction begun in 1223, its architecture preserving Romanic and early gothic elements. In 1842 it was erected nowadays tower on the former place of the one collapsed in 1833.

ECATERINA GATE
Catherina (Ecaterina) Gate was erected in 1559 and in the present it is the best preserved access gate with genuine appearance of the city. For centuries it was the only access gate of the city located at the western side of it, aside from that playing the role of “corner bulwark”.

SCHEI GATE
Built from stone and bricks, it was erected in 1827 – 1828 towards of easing access to the city from Romanian neighborhood.

BLACK TOWER
It is one of the defending towers of the citadel, erected in XIV century. It was called Black Tower after it was burned on 23rd of July 1559, as a result of a lightning. Nowadays one can visit its weapons and guns indoor collection.

WHITE TOWER
It was built in 1494 and it was a part of outside barbicans of medieval city of Brasov. The building was shaped as a half-circle and it was 18 m tall, its diameter of 19 m, walls thickness of about 4 m; inside it hosted five gallery levels, for guardians and defensemen, while at superior levels presented crenelles. One could climb up in the tower through a mobile ladder, while supplying was ensured from Graft Bulwark, located near the tower as a bridge over Graf Channel. Its role was to defense tin & copper moulders’ crafts. In 1689 it was destroyed by a fire and renovated in 1723.

ROPE STREET (STRADA SFORII)
The narrowest street in Eastern Europe, dating back to XIII century. It is the only street in the city whose walls can be touched by stretching both arms simultaneously. It was recently restored and it is open for tourist.

 
Facebook!Race for the Breast Cancer Cure